The newly updated Handbook of Signs & Symptoms, 5e proves it is still the must-have clinical nursing tool for improving patient safety, by increasing assessment accuracy. Quick-scan entries from A to Z offer the on-the-spot answers you need for more than 500 signs and symptoms, covering definitions, causes, patient history, exams, diagnostics, and interventions. Save time and increase your assessment confidence: Reach for this crucial guide!
Improve patient safety with . . .
• NEW signs and symptoms related to emerging diseases and disorders, including avian influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, Kawasaki disease, and the currently epidemic metabolic syndrome
• NEW appendix provides definitions and common causes of 250 less-familiar or nonspecific signs and symptoms
• NEW techniques for evoking patient responses
• NEW pediatric, psychiatric, and nail and tongue signs
• NEW focus on obtaining health history needed for comprehensive, reliable documentation
• Quick-reference A to Z format arms you with assessment guidance for 530 signs and symptoms6
• Convenient carry-it-with-you [or keep-it-handy] size